Unable to commit initial version

Nov 13, 2007 at 9:43 AM
I can checkout the empty project, but when I attempt to commit some files I always get an error:

error: Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation.

Any suggestions on how to get around this?
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2007 at 6:04 PM
Seems like the credentials are wrong.

1. Are you using cpc.exe or tfc.exe? If you're using cpc.exe, remember to use your CodePlex username and password, as cpc.exe will automatically translate the CodePlex username into your TFS domain username. If you're using tfc.exe, remember to use your TFS domain username (SND\username_cp).

2. Make sure you're not passing the "non-interactive" flag (/i), because that will prevent the prompt for username & password.

3. If it still isn't working, try clearing your cached credentials by typing "cpc clearcache", if you're using cpc.exe (or "tfc clearcache", if you're using tfc.exe).

Let me know if you're still having problems.
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2007 at 6:06 PM
Also, don't forget that you need to be a coordinator or developer on a project in order to commit changes. :)
Nov 14, 2007 at 9:48 PM
Same error : Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation.

I use cpc.exe, I am Coordinator of the project, my password is very very simple, I tried both cpc and tfc, so what can I do ?

My project is http://www.codeplex.com/YASC/
Coordinator
Nov 15, 2007 at 3:05 AM
There is a bug with invalid usernames right now in CPC, which we will be fixing in the next revision (the code was checked in this morning). What's worse is that, once the credentials are entered, they are cached and if they're incorrect, you don't get an opportunity to change them.

You can clear the credentials cache by typing "cpc clearcache" (or "tfc clearcache"; either command will clear the credentials cache for both programs).

If you're using cpc.exe, make sure you use the CodePlex username ("enricoe"). If you're using tfc.exe, make sure you use the TFS username ("SND\enricoe_cp").
Nov 15, 2007 at 4:01 AM
I'm still unable to check anything in. Same error

I'm the creator of the project and hence a coordinator.
I'm using cpc - I checked out the latest version at about 0350 GMT, Nov 15 and used that without success (I've also tried tfc with the appropriate changes to my username)
I used clearcache
My project is RikMigrations. It hasn't been published yet since I haven't been able to check anything in yet. It's using https://tfs05.codeplex.com:443/
The credentials are definitely correct. I've also tried changing passwords and using that.
Coordinator
Nov 15, 2007 at 4:27 AM
Edited Nov 15, 2007 at 4:29 AM
Are you able to access your project with any of the other source control clients, or is the problem limited to cpc/tfc?

See Source control clients.
Nov 15, 2007 at 6:46 AM
SvnBridge seems to have a problem. checkout is fine but authentication fails and svnbridge crashes. I haven't tested anything else yet.

BradWilson wrote:
Are you able to access your project with any of the other source control clients, or is the problem limited to cpc/tfc?

Nov 15, 2007 at 9:28 AM
I tried with Teamprise Explorer and "domain" user name, and I have the same problem.

So, for me it's not a TCP problem, it's a codeplex problem. Suggest on where can I ask for help ?
Nov 15, 2007 at 1:04 PM
Problem solved deleting and re-creating the project on codeplex
Coordinator
Nov 15, 2007 at 3:17 PM
Huh. Must've been some kind of problem with the original project creation. :(

Well, thanks for all the diligent work debugging the issue, and we'll keep our eyes out to see if it happens again.

Thanks!
- Brad
Feb 1, 2008 at 4:23 AM
i just created a project today on codeplex and am having the same problem.

I'm trying to add about 48 NEW items.

First i entered the project root folder and ran

:> cpc checkout <projname>
A .

The I did the following:
:> cpc add file1
:> cpc add file2
:> cpc add folder1
:> cpc add folder1\file1
etc.

all seems fine.

I do a
:> cpc status /gui
and it lists the 48 files.
finally I run:

C:\Users\blah\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\ProjectName>cpc ci
Proceed with commit? Yes, No ? (Y) y
Your credentials are required for https://tfs05.codeplex.com:443/
Username blah: myusername
Password for myusername: ************
error: Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation.

I'm using the credentials I use on the codeplex web site.

I've also tried cpc clearcache and it didn't help.

Any ideas?
Feb 2, 2008 at 9:20 PM
I am having exactly the same problem. I am also unable to connect to TFS using Team Explorer. Very frustrating for a new user.
Coordinator
Feb 3, 2008 at 2:54 AM
Sorry about the annoyance, it takes about 15 minutes after creating a project before the source control system is ready and you'll get unable to connect messages until then. I checked your project and it looks like you've been able to check in your source code, so hopefully you're all set now. If not, you can use the Contact Us form to let us know and we'll help you out.
Feb 3, 2008 at 3:14 PM
Edited Feb 3, 2008 at 3:16 PM

jwanagel wrote:
Sorry about the annoyance, it takes about 15 minutes after creating a project before the source control system is ready and you'll get unable to connect messages until then. I checked your project and it looks like you've been able to check in your source code, so hopefully you're all set now. If not, you can use the Contact Us form to let us know and we'll help you out.

I waited a whole day and tried from a different compter/network....
The I downloaded the other 3rd party source control - it got the same error. Finally I used Team Edition of Visual studio (Team Explorer) and got the same error there as well.

Another oddity - when choosing the License on the web site, I noticed were no fields in the web site to allow me to customize the license information.

Finally deleted the project and re-added it. This solved ALL the problems.

Right now, I'm thinking this is an issue with the project 'provisioning', not an issue with any of the source control clients...
Sep 18, 2008 at 11:35 AM
Glad I found this thread. I have the exact same problem so it clearly hasn't been resolved.

I created a project and tried both TFS and CPC and couldn't upload source code. I've waited 12 hours and tried again. Still no luck.

I'll deleted the project, recreated it and voila, it works.
Dec 2, 2009 at 10:21 PM
Edited Dec 3, 2009 at 6:09 PM

I'm having the exact same issue and I'm reluctant to delete my project, has anyone found the problem to this?

I have created an issue in the discussion of CodePlex, if you receive this problem I encourage you to vote on the issue:

http://codeplex.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=25291

Jun 3, 2010 at 9:15 AM

I get an HTTP 407 Proxy Authentication Required error when I attempt to do the first step.

Any ideas about getting around that one?

Coordinator
Jun 4, 2010 at 12:01 AM
The CodePlexClient project never got official proxy support. I believe the CodePlex team suggests using a Subversion client now instead of cpc, and targeting the Subversion bridge.